Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Dear Friends....

    I would truly VALUE your sincere and honest opinion on this  new drug treatment that my Oncologist wants me to start on as soon as I finish my Radiation!  


       It would be the next course of "treatment" for me after the Radiation and would start pretty much right after we get back from Cali. I have read a lot of about it and sadly because it is SO new, there is NOT a lot to read or even a lot of data to look at. It has ONLY been approved by the FDA for a month and that as an accelerated approval...and out of the 500 (clinical trial patients) very few were women or my age...UGH! On top of the that long term prognosis with this drug, MAY only only prolong life for a few months (at best)....and that is ONLY if it works and I am not hit with one of the SEVERAL severe side effects. It can totally wreak havoc on my Immune System and that could potential kill me faster and has in some patients who were treated with this drug. I am pretty devastated to know this is pretty much IT for me and I'm not at all happy with the risks, in my opinion they are far to great and right now I'm about 99.9% certain this is NOT a treatment I will have! I need a TRUE Miracle now...and one that does not potentially take my life even sooner, or make me so immune comprised that I have to spend time in a "bubble" to avoid getting sick. Despite having been sick with chronic illness for the last 15+ years, I've NEVER been one who likes or even wants to take meds..HATE them and would give anything to never have to take any ever again...but in some cases they are best and have helped me greatly. This one...SCARES me big time...and brings me to the time when I feel that I must start to think about QUALITY of life over quantity. I still WANT very much to go out to San Diego for a MONTH this Winter and I want and HOPE my BFF"s will ALL come out and stay with me and help me out! If I start this drug, I will not likely be able ot go or possible ever travel again and I am NOT ready to give that up! If you have time...please read about this drug and PLEASE share your HONEST opinion....not for me...but put yourself in my place....IF you were ME....would you even consider it? Feel free to PM or email me privately! 

Love you all!

XOXO Lisa

3 comments:

Crafting with Darcy said...

Hi Lisa,
I just got done reading about this new drug. It is very scary because the side effects (other than the rash) are all life threatening. You ask what someone would do if it was them, and I can't answer that right away. It is such an important decision and I would have to take time to think about it. I would also have to consult my family and respect their thoughts and wishes for me. What an awful thing to have to talk about with loved ones!! I would also pray, pray, pray for God to send me a sign as to what path to take. I am a faithful believer that all our days are numbered on the day we are born and when my number or day is up, it will be whether it be by an illness, accident, or other thing. I know you want your readers to give honest answers, and that is my honest answer. I will pray for you to make the right decision. I wouldn't necessarily rule out the drug immediately, but I would need to take some time to really think about it. I have always said that Quality of life would take precedence over Quantity of life but I can't be sure because I have always been healthy.
Hugs and prayers for you to make the right decision.
Your friend,
Darcy

LauraJane:) said...

Praying for Divine guidance Lisa.

ThePurplePlace said...

Thanks so much!! And Darcy....I so value what you wrote!