Monday, June 8, 2015

Chemo # 2

   Had my "updated" blood work today and will have my second round of CHEMO tomorrow!  I'll try to come back and update this post too!

   We had a SUPER trip to Cali and LOVED every minute!  I feel so lucky I could go and now will look forward to going out for Thanksgiving and taking my son Alex and his Companion, future Fiance' with us!  We've booked all the flights and it will be so FUN to be together with Family!  Meg too, of course!


     Thanks to everyone for all the caring thoughts and WELL WISHES!   


   Chemo so far has been a breeze and I HOPE it stay this way!

    UPDATE:   Chemo was great, I had "Kelly" as my nurse, who was someone I knew back when I worked at AGH, so it was nice to catch up.  We have kids the same age and our two oldest graduated the same year.
  
    I also met with Dr. Sunkara pre-Chemo, which I will do at each visit.  She is so nice, LOVE her!  She wants me to start wearing "Compression Stocking" daily and I am also slowly now tapering off the Steriod Meds -- YIPPEE!  I have also called and am working on an appointment to get my new stockings from, "Fittings by Faith" a local gal who makes them custom, in Salem, MA!  I had the RX already from Dr. Pearce, so this should be easy.  I'm tentatively going to see her on Thursday for measuring etc.  I had to take "MOLLY" to her meet and great with her vet - Dr. Hammond at 10am, so I'll plan to see Faith right after lunch and hoping Mom will go for the ride.

   On the way back I want to go to Marshall's Farm stand to get some of the super containers that Karen has been creating.  I want some for my side yard/stairs, which is shady and she has put together some awesome containers for SHADE!   Exactly what I want.
   
   My next Chemo is May 30th, and I have a CT Scan the week before on the 24th with a visit that day with Dr. Sunkura again.   HOPE we sign some GOOD changes on the SCAN.  Keep your fingers crossed.

    A special THANK you to Clare, who is a Graph Design student and fellow Hero Arts Group member.  She is going to work on a new design for this blog, ALL for FREE!  How cool is that!  It will be like a "school project" for her.  IF you are interested in having her do something for you, please see her POST over in the Hero Arts Discussions!

      That's it for now --- I am working on cards for challenges this afternoon and tomorrow our new FENCE will be installed!  WOOHOO!   VERY happy about that!


2 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Glad you had a great trip and everything is going as planned!! Looking forward to see your creations!!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a great trip!! I hope you keep getting better and better prayers going your way!
take care.