Tuesday, May 19, 2015

First Chemo!

  Today was my first Chemo Treatment and it went very well.  Have the port made it a totally painless procedure!  I arrived at 9:30 AM and we started right on time and by 1 PM I was back home. Another nice perk is that you can order food at anytime, so they planned it so that I had breakfast, which was a super delicious White Egg Omelette, with fresh fruit and tea!   Once the Chemo began I read some magazines and browsed some of my favorite catalogs.

    I bought the staff/floor a delicious coffee cake, we had one at home too and it's was so good!   Plus a large selection of my cards that I donated as FREE!  I love to share and always donate all my cards!  Mostly to Operation Write Home, Princess Lauryn and my favorite Dachshund/Pup Rescues.


   NOTE:  I would LOVE to see more cards being sent to "Lauryn" -- Please see the sidebar for on


She is battling Leukemia and LOVE it when new cards arrive!   Thanks for thinking of her!!  :)

   Now, I am thrilled because one of the nurses, who I have known since I worked there, has always loved handmade cards and now wants to learn how to create them.  This is wonderful as I LOVE to have others to create with and my few friends that make cards, are not into it as much as I.  But, Joanne is thrilled that I'll teach her and I can also set her up a a huge amount of supplies from those I need to purge!   YAY!      We have already planned our first "create" date which will be right after I get back from Cali!  Both of us have such busy schedules, it was the first day we could fit it in.  Gives me time to get ready and put a stash together for her!   I am so happy with this plan.

     As for the Chemo I fell fine and had NO issues!   I have to go with a bland diet for a few days, but that is fine with me and our dinner is cooking now!   Thanks Hun!   My next appointment is in three weeks and all scheduled.  It will be the week after we get home and it's on June 9th with a pre-op kind of date (labs etc.) on the 8th!    The only thing I found is that I did get bored and it was nice when my Mom came up for the last hour to keep me more busy.  Next time I will bring some images to color for cards and that will be fun!

    I still LOVE how kind and caring that floor is and ALL the girls were happy to have some treats today and the cards.  I love that they are into the cards, since I have so many already done, sitting here in a basket waiting for a home!

    Thanks for following me and my journey!  It's going great and I'm happy to be fighting hard!!



 

3 comments:

Cris G. said...

That's good news, Lisa! It is a blessing that chemo went so well and you feel good! It sounds that you really are in the best possible hands.
And you made me smile because of the cards... "How do you recognize an avid card maker? When she takes her supplies to chemo and teach nurse(s) how to start :)". That's the way to go!
Wish you a great trip!
Hugs,
Cris G.

Paula S. said...

I am so sorry to learn that you are battling cancer Lisa. Please know you will be in my prayers!

Payne Holler Cards said...

You Are loved and soooo admired!