Friday, December 18, 2015

A little fun update...

  All is going pretty well with me.  I have my second "Opdivo" treatment coming up on Tuesday and so far, it's been fine, no side effects of any kind.  I did see my "Oncologist" this week (as she will be away on vacation for 10 days) and she wanted to see me before she left...she's a gem, for sure!  While I was there, I was also invited to attend a wonderful event hosted by the American Cancer Society and a group called "Look Good / Feel Better" !  It was wonderful, I had a nice make-over and we were given a fabulous bag full of Makeup and Skincare products.  I was really impressed and love that so many people do care are those of us battling Cancer.

 Happily, I have been feeling really good lately, (even since I stopped the darn Radiation), that was the worst for me, I think it was FAR worse then Chemo and it made me sicker and more fatigued.  But, that may be because mine was done at a "higher" level, since it was shorter term and most patients...!  I hated every minute and hated the drive even more so..thank goodness that's over!!

    Oh and if I didn't' tell you yet (I forget sometimes). -- I found  I'm going for a new appointment this week, with an eye surgery in my home town and he at one time, my eye doc, and does this surgery all the time, so I am very confident it will go well and in some ways can't wait for it to be done, so I can see better!  If you read my last pot, you'll know that the first consult I had, was horrible, so I'm happy I'm local now and with someone I already know and trust!

  I am all done with my Christmas Shopping and wrapping and all the gifts that I needed to ship out to "Brian" my son in California are on their way.  He also celebrates his 29th Birthday tomorrow and I shipped those goodies off a bit early..hard to believe my first born is almost 30...where does the time go!  I love him so much and have always considered him to be the Best Christmas gift ever!!

  And speaking of Christmas, I have two new pics of my "Girls" to share.  They are all decked out their Christmas dresses, which I love.  You can read more about that on my "craft" blog HERE!!



  These two precious Pups will also celebrate their Birthday on Sunday, and will be three years old!    Feels like yesterday when I first adopted Skye at 14 weeks, and then Zeva the day they both turned 9 months old.   Pure JOY!!!

     Lastly, I am very excited to have planned my next trip out to San Diego and will be going out for 15 wonderful fun and relaxing days in early February.  I rented a great condo in the "Little Italy" are and will be taking Zeva with me, she is also my Service Dog.  I have asked all my friends to come out and visit me, but with hectic schedule, kids and so much more, I'm not sure if anyone can come..which really did depress me early in the week.  If you follow me on Facebook, I am sure you may have read my post about this.  I really felt hurt and was very teary the other day...but NOW, I I'm letting it go!   On the upside, I did find out that my "craft friend, Pat, who I met and roomed with at CREATE in October, may come out.  She has a son, (also named Brian), who lives in San Diego too, so I thought it might to fun to have her come out and we can both meet the "Brian's"!  I don't want to get too excited, but I really  do hope she can come, even if only for a short visit.  Hubby will be home working, and here to take care of the house and Skye...!   He's saving his time off to take me to appointments and such and we hope to go on another trip together later in the year!  It's a lot harder for us both to get away, find someone to take care of the dogs and the house too, plus it's much more expensive, not to mention that he does' like to travel as much as I do...he's much more of a home body and I'm perfectly fine with that!   I was originally planning to go for a full month, but with the new treatments I can't, so this will be the next best thing.   I'm also hoping to go down to Key West with one of my BFF's in the Spring and think that'll be a blast.   She is having hip replacement surgery in January and won't be ready to travel by February, but we want to doing something fun together and her Mother-in-Law, owns a Condo there and I've always wanted to see that area!  I am VERY excited about this idea and hope we can make it happen!  Love you KIM!!  

     Hoping to continue to feel good..I'm finally back to creating, which I love and had missed so much.  You can see more of my recent cards on my Craft Blog too!!

    Wishing you ALL a wonderful Christmas and a very happy and Healthy New Year!!!   Big hugs to you all and thanks for all the prayers, thoughts and support!  



No comments: