Thursday, March 3, 2016

The good and the bad....

Well the good news is that I had a wonderful trip to San Diego and despite lots of little issues, overall I had fun and was so happy to spend a lot of time with my Son, Brian, my friend, Pat and also met two online crafts friends, while I was there - (Barbara and LesLee).  I really enjoy when I meet friends that I met online, because it's something many of us can't always do.

Now that I'm home, things Cancer wise are not so hot.  I did have my 6th Opdivo Treatment last week (on Friday) and have pretty much been sick ever since.  I feel basically very fatigued over the weekend and assumed that was still due to Jet Lag, but when Monday came and I had then been home a full week) I also started having some belly pains and that awful nausea again, on top fo relentless fatigue, which is not fun.  I've spent much of this week sleeping or in bed, because I simply am too tired to be up and do much.  I hate feeling this way and I spend almost a month feeling this crappy over the Summer and pray this is NOT happening again.  When the Cancer starts to keep in in bed, day after day, it's ruins your quality of life and that sucks.

I have not felt well enough to create in days and that made me realize early this week, that I needed to step down from being on the Design Team at The Outlawz Challenges, which was really hard.  I LOVE to create so much and for me, it's like a form of relaxing and therapy, so that when I lose that ability, it's gets me down...and I'm also feeling kind of down these past few days too.

Yesterday I had my scheduled CT Scans (Chest and Belly) and will have all those results when I meet with my Pulmonary Oncologist tomorrow.  I also spoke with my medical Oncologist and went up to Oncology while I was at the hospital to tell them about my symptoms, something they want to monitor very closely while on the Opdivo.  Luckily, my BP was fine, I was not dehydrated and I can eat some (and easily take fluids), but I dont' have huge appetite and just don't feel well.   They will decide IF I can have a treatment next week, when I go back for my labs on Tuesday.

Today, is the first day that I think, (and hope) that I'm starting to feel a bit better.  I don't feel quite as fatigued and my belly feels better, but I'm still really exhausted, so I'll take it easy, but did manage some house chores that I felt were too behind.  I hate when my house is not nice and clean and do not like to ask Hubby to do extra...he works enough already at over 60 hours a week, so asking him to take on more is hard.  If it gets too bad, I'll hire a friend to clean soon and will definitely need extra with "Spring" cleaning this year!

SO that's about it for me....nothing too bad and nothing all that wonderful.  I do HOPE my CT results are okay and that the tumor is smaller for the same.  My Oncologist did tell me not to be upset IF is the same, as that is a good results on this med -- and what we do not want it for it to be larger or see cancer anywhere else...?  Hoping that is the case!! 

Looking forward to Siring and we have had some mild days, which is great.  I am VERY happy I was in San Diego, curing the coldest part of winter and that since I've been home, it's been easy to deal with.  Today is one of the coldest days, but the sun in bright and that always makes it seem better!

Hugs to you all...hoping everyone is okay and hoping for Happy and Healthy Days for all!


No comments: