Wednesday, June 22, 2016

No New Cancer!!!

     Woohoo!   I had my Bronochosopy last Friday, which went very well.   Just heard from my Pulmonary Surgeon today and found out that there is NO new Cancer, which is wonderful news.  Apprantely, the changes in my lung are a reaction to the Opdivo treaments, so I will be taking a "much-needed" break from the Infusion for another few weeks.   I am very happy about that as it has really been wiping me out, I do hope the break, will allow me to gain back some energy and stamina.

     I go back for my next CT Scans on July 18th and then will meet with Dr. Sunkara the next morning to review them and also make a determination as to whether or not I can re-start the Opdivo, or whether I will need to HOPE for other option.   We has a long discussion at my appointment yesterday and she told me, she really wants me on it, since it clearly has worked wonders in reducing what was a very large and aggressive tumor.   She also told me, that often when they see a tumor come back, that fast and so fierce, many patient's lose their battle within the next six months.  I know now, that I'm one lucky lady and very happy that it responded so well to the Opdivo.  As much as I hate the side effects - constant fatigue, nausea, over all weakness and such, I know fully realize how well it has worked for me.   I had been on the strongest Chemo drugs currently available to treat Lung Cancer and they did not work, so Opdivo (Immunotherapy), looks like it my only HOPE at this time and now I have to hope I can go back on it.

      In the meantime, I am very much looking forward to having a few weeks off and really want to try and enjoy Summer, especially since it's my favorite season.  I'm still pretty wiped out and not feeling so great today, but did have a really good weekend -- best on in months, so I'm hoping that trend will continue.


1 comment:

Lori m said...

Awesome news, enjoy the breakfrom the treatments, prayers always for you, hugs, Lori m