Saturday, April 2, 2016

Opdivo and me....

....not so happy with the Opdivo side effects right now.   Thankfully, they are not the serious side effects, but I'm so exhausted and weak, that I'm spending most of my time in bed -- sleeping or resting and that is not fun.   I'm also still having lots of nausea and this week when I had my labs, my Potassium was so low that I need to start with a 2 hours infusion of that before my Opdivo, which made a long day in Oncology.

   I'm also really bummed, because I can't do anything...I am not creating, not going out, missing out of fun craft workshops and now had to cancel a Craft Retreat I was planning to attend next weekend, which I was so happy about.  Bought my seat back in February, and now, because of this damn cancer I can't go!   I had planned to dive down a day early (it's in RI) and stay in a hotel that night, I know I could never make it through six hours of creating and then drive home (2+ hours)...and sadly I lost on on the money I paid for the class since it's non-refundable.  Luckly, I cancelled the hotel in time so that I will not lose anything on that.

   Still also am losing over $500 after buying (4) Tickets to the Billy Joel Concert at Fenway Park, coming up on my actual Birthday in  August.  I thought for sure my four BFF's would want to go again and while two of us do want to go, two backed out, making it impossible for us to go alone (we can't afford the limo with only two)...sucks!  If you are in the Boston area, would want to buy 2-4 tickets, PLEASE let me know.  Selling them at the exact costs which is $132.00 each and I purchased them direct from the Red Sox.  Plus, the concert is sold out too, so this is  great price.   When the weather is better I'll have to list them on Stub Hub, etc., but hoping I can sell them to other friends who want to go.   We went last year and LOVED it, so I really want to go again!

   Anyway...life is not fun or good right now.  My son also got laid off from his new job, he was only there 2 months, and that all happened this week too.....as they say when it rains, it pours....and of ya, we may have snow coming again too---and it's April.    UGH!!

   Bye bye for now...hoping for better days soon....................

No comments: