Friday, August 21, 2015

My Cancer is in Remission!!!

I went for my MRI yesterday and had my follow-up appointments today and I am so HAPPY to tell you AL that my CANCER is gone.  Both the lung tumor and the brain tumor are now basically tiny 'blips" on each image, the swelling in my brain is also gone and I am now pretty much  considered to be in "Remission"

I am SO very thankful and grateful.,...not only to my entire medical team, but to my family, my life long friends and all the wonderful gals/guys I have met though the world of creating.  Each of you has played such an important part in helping me fight and WIN this battle.   I love you all so much for the kindness you have shared with me and want you all to know how much it means to me.

I've been showered with good thoughts, lots of love, prayers and support and I am 100% sure that this has all played an vital part in me winning.   Yes, I still have to be followed and all my docs will continue to monitor me very closely, but I'm on the road to recover and it feels fantastic.  I see my local Oncologist (Dr. Sunkara) on September 1st, as my last follow up with her, but will NOT need any more chemo or radiation, at this time.  I'll also be scheduled CT Scans in six months and then will follow up with my Brain Team, at Lahey in Burlington and Peabody!

To say I am delighted is not nearly early...it's almost like I am living in a dream and this almost seems surreal..but its' NOT...its' TRUE and I could NOT feel more blessed or happy!

THANK YOU all for all you have done!   Every word has touched me greatly and I adore each and everyone of you for being here for me and I know you'll continue to support me as I continue to beat this!   I'm a HAPPY and very LUCKY girl!  I swore I would NOT let it win and I would NEVER give up!   Being upbeat and as confident as possible has also played a huge part in this!


BIG HUGS and LOTS OF LOVE!!

3 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Hey Lisa, it is turely fantastic to hear that you're well. Very very happy for you and your family. I'll see you around blog land!! ;)

Crafting with Darcy said...

So happy for you, Lisa!! I wish more people had your spirit and optimism!!
You will beat this!!
Hugs and prayers!!
Darcy

Cris G. said...

Amazing news, Lisa! So happy for you!